Friday, 3 April 2009

Show & Tell Friday - Roses!

Show and Tell


I thought I would participate in 'Show and Tell Friday'. I have been enjoying these posts for several weeks now and it is time I gave it a go! I can't ever remember doing Show and Tell at School when I was a child, so it is my turn now. Forgive me if I got carried away today! For more Show and Tell, visit Kelli at There's No Place Like Home.


I do like pretty things. The focus today is going to be Roses.


My husband bought me this lovely set for Valentines Day. Well actually a couple of days before as I saw it in the charity shop and took him to have a look at it. The set comprises of a cake plate, four cups & saucers and four side places, a milk jug and a sugar bowl. What a pity there was no teapot - that would have made it perfect! It is stamped Royal Ascot, Bone China, Made in England. Not sure if that means anything or not, but it is pretty and will be perfect for serving tea and cake when I have my country house!





Another lovely item is this beautifully embroidered (cross stitch) table cloth. This was another charity shop find - how can people not want to keep these beautiful things?



I have a lovely bowl in my bedroom decorated with roses. I keep pot pourri in it, keeps the room smelling nice and the lavender is relaxing at night time.


Below is one of my pretty rose decorated plates/bowl.



This pretty rose pin was probably my husband's grandmothers. It was sitting on the mantle piece in his Dad's house.


Lastly I have this porcelain rose display that was given to me about 20 years ago by my ex-father in law. It was made locally where we lived in the North Island of New Zealand




17 comments:

  1. Anything with roses are simply perfect if you ask me!!

    My Show n Tell is some of my treasured roses and amaryllis this week. Come by and enjoy the sweet fragrance and beauty.

    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty! I LOVE the rose pin and of course the cross stitch is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some beautiful things. I like that pot pourri basket the best. Thanks for sharing. Happy Show and Tell Friday. Here’s mine:
    http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2009/04/show-and-tell-friday-my-questionable.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I dont kno what I lvoe the most. TYhe china is lovely, but the linens are exquisite! Thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely rose treasures! Thank you so much for sharing them wit us.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your beautiful set with the roses. Just lovely for entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is beautiful.. Love the Rose plate.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the China...your rose collection is beautiful...Thanks for sharing all your treasures...Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful rose items. I'm like you "How can people not keep these precious things?!!"
    Glad you joined in the fun of Show & Tell today.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! So colorful and springy...
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting you via Kelli's Show and Tell blog train!

    All your pieces are LOVELY - but my favorite is the last plaque with the roses. Its unique and wonderful!

    thank sfor showing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of your beautiful rose pieces. This is right up my alley! Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Jax in Alaska

    P.S. Come on over to my blog for more Show & Tell fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty! Roses on china is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tea set is just wonderful. I love it. The tablecloth and rose bowl and plate are also such gorgeous pieces. The lovely rose pin is just beautiful also. Such great pieces. I am with you in that it is hard to understand someone parting with such lovely things. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have some beautiful items. The tea set is lovely, and the other items are also. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cross stitched tablecloth, and the rosy teacups ... both remind me of growing up at my grandma's house.

    Victoria
    30 Days of Junkin' in April

    ReplyDelete