Sunday, 5 April 2009

The Weekend in Review

Saturday morning saw me up bright and early as I packed up the car with the equipment needed for the day and the piggies I'd entered at Peterborough Cavy Club Show. It was a good drive and a lovely day and I enjoyed a successful and fun day of showing and socializing.



Muffin did well and won Best Pet Adult Exhibitor. Not bad for a piggie that was rescued!

My home bred Lunkarya 'Takaro Alexander' did very well once again winning his class and Best New & Emerging Breed for the fourth show in a row. The judge said he was very nice and best he'd seen. Quite a compliment for someone who has judged in Europe as well as the UK.

I arrived home at about 6pm to find my dear hubby washing his car.



Here it is all gleaming.


Friday evening I started a new crochet pattern after Lucy at Attic 24 put up the instructions on her blog on how to do ripples. I've since added another six stripes.



This morning (Sunday) I finished my round cushion. This pattern is from a book I borrowed from the library. 'Learn to Crochet' Edited by Slaly Harding. It has some very good, easy to follow patterns in it. I had to make the round cushion inner which I did by taking apart some old square cushion inners and ripping up the stuffing and then sewing a round cover out of an old blue sheet. I added the flower in the middle and the edging myself as the pattern was just for the plain round cushion.

Sitting nicely on our bed.

Today we had rather a lazy start to our day, but then went up to my FIL's to do some more work. The boys came as well and they worked outside in the garden while I did some more inside. I forgot to take newspaper to wrap the china and glass so didn't get quite as much done as I'd hoped.

This evening I am going to sit and relax and do some more crochet.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm back. ChCh was fun...it smells like England! I love your Guinea Pigs...they always remind me of Dougal from the Magic Roundabout...did you get that in NZ?
    How extraordinary that you were at Long Bay...we live in Torbay but the kids go to Rangi College. However, the call of the lesser known spotted teenager, LBC WHAAAAAAT! can often be heard from the top of the driveway.Hope you're feeling a little less jaded today. I'm on a go slow and absolutely loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mum & Dad were going to send me to Rangi College and Oh how I wish they did instead of 'Long Bay Prison' as we called it. Things might have turned out quite different!

    Glad you enjoyed ChCh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your prize winning piggies. I love my daughters g.p's. We have had several over the years. I am definitly a big fan of the adorable creatures.
    I am loving your crochet :o)
    have just started learning, am finding your blog very inspiring and a thoroughly good read.
    x
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete